Conference centerWhile you may stay anywhere during the conference, we have reserved a block of rooms at the Conference Centre (where the workshop will take place) located on Ron Eydt Village here on the University of Waterloo campus.
The Conference Centre is located in Ron Eydt Village with a selection of single and double rooms. Each floor consists of 24 rooms with 2 large washrooms per floor (1 male and 1 female) along with a common lounge for after-hours networking. Guests are welcome to use the weight room, TV lounge, internet cafe, and games area located in the building. Rooms do not have air conditioning, though typically in June temperatures are mild (average high is 23° C/73° F) and A/C is not needed. Complimentary parking in lots "S" and "V" are available for guests staying at the Conference center.
The room rates are as follows:
- $32.00/night per person for a Double Room plus applicable taxes
- $45.75/night for a Single Room plus applicable taxes
- $91.00/night for a Suite plus applicable taxes
- Type "MIP 2011" in Conference/Group Name to ensure conference rate.
- If booking a double room, a roommate's name must be entered.
- Guests must provide a Visa, MasterCard, or AMEX to guarantee reservations.
- A small number of guest rooms has been reserved as well at St. Paul's College guest rooms. The 2010 room rates were $80.00/night for a Single room and $90.00/night for a Double room plus applicable taxes and which also includes free parking. 2011 rates have not yet been posted. For reservations, please go to http://www.stpauls.uwaterloo.ca/hotel/room_request.php. or call our toll free reservation line at 1-866-885-1465 ext. 203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Destination Inn. Conference Rate: $113.99 or $118.74 (for rooms with fridge and microwave). There is a shuttle every 30 minutes but for up to 4-5 people and does ONLY one round trip.
- Les Diplomat B&B. Conference rate: $88.00.
- Sugarbush B&B. Conference attendees have a 10% discount.
- Waterloo Hotel. Conference Rate: $150.00
- Waterloo Inn. Conference Rate: $145.00. Shuttle Service To/From University of Waterloo is available for 4-5 people at a time.
MapThe following map has the conference venue, the above listed accomodation options and a few food locations nearby. For the complete listing of on campus food locations and hours of operations, see the UW food services website.
View MIP 2011 map in a larger map