Department of Pure Mathematics,
University of Waterloo
Office: MC 5006, but I won't be there during COVID-19 shutdown
Phone: 519-888-4567 ext 45565
E-mail: [myfirstname].[mylastname]@uwat...oo.ca (give or take)
[Image of Ross]
On Purity: [xkcd.com/435]
Undergraduate advising (Pure Math and Math Finance majors)
Please contact me by email
To declare Pure Math or Math Finance as your major, please download the new
Plan Modification Form (fillable pdf), complete sections 1-3, and send
it to me by email.
- Notes especially to Math Finance majors:
If you have not taken MATH 247, then you must take
PMATH 333 before taking PMATH 351.
PMATH courses are not offered every term.
Please see the schedule of PMATH course offerings by downloading the "Upcoming
courses" document at uwaterloo.ca/pure-mathematics/undergraduate-studies.
- In particular:
- PMATH 333 is offered only in Fall and Winter terms.
- PMATH 351 will be offered every term through Spring 2022; it will
NOT be offered in Fall 2022; thereafter it will be offered every
Winter and Spring term.
- PMATH 450 will be offered every term through Fall 2022;
it will NOT be offered Winter 2023;
thereafter it will be offered every Fall and Spring term.
- PMATH 451 is offered only in Fall and Winter terms.
- ACTSC 371 is a requirement for students in Mathematical Finance using Calendars before Fall 2021. Students using the Fall 2021 or later Calendars are not required to take ACTSC 371.
- Contact me if you are unsure of which Calendar you are following, or if you would like to switch to the Fall 2021 Calendar.
- ACTSC 371 will not be taught in Fall 2021. It will be taught in Winter 2022. It will probably be taught in one of the Spring 2022 and Winter 2023 terms. After that, the course will be retired.