University of Waterloo, Department of Pure Mathematics
University of Waterloo, Department of Physics and Astronomy, cross-appointed
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, affiliate
|PhD||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||2004|
|MSc||Université du Québec à Montréal||1999|
|BSc||Université du Québec à Montréal||1998|
- Academic positions:
|Associate Professor || University of Waterloo, Department of Pure Mathematics ||Since 2014|
|Cross-appointment || University of Waterloo, Department of Physics and Astronomy ||Since 2017|
|Affiliate ||Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics ||Since 2012|
|Assistant Professor || St. Jerome's University, Department of Mathematics ||2010-2014|
|Cross-appointment || University of Waterloo, Department of Pure Mathematics ||2010-2014|
|Visiting Assistant Professor|| Duke University||2007-2010|
|NSERC Postdoctoral Researcher||McGill University||2005-2007|
|Postdoctoral Researcher||McGill University||2004-2005|
- Research Interests: Gauge theory: Yang-Mills instantons (ASD, G2, Nearly-Kahler), their dimensional reductions, and moduli space problems. Glass transition.
- Areas of Interest:
- Differential geometry
- Gauge theory • Yang-Mills instantons • Nahm transform • Gravitational instantons • Calorons • Monopoles • Nearly-Kahler instantons • Moduli spaces • Glass transition
(For the complete list of my arxiv submissions, my public author identifier is http://arxiv.org/a/charbonneau_b_1.)
- Benoit Charbonneau and Jacques Hurtubise, Spatially periodic instantons: Nahm transform and moduli, Communications in Mathematical Physics, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 365, pp. 255–293 (2019)
- Benoit Charbonneau, Patrick Charbonneau, Grzegorz Szamel, A Microscopic Model of the Stokes-Einstein Relation in Arbitrary Dimension, Journal of Chemical Physics 148, 224503 (2018)
- Benoit Charbonneau and Derek Harland, Deformations of nearly Kähler instantons,
Communications in Mathematical Physics, (2016),
- Benoit Charbonneau and Mark Stern, Asymptotic Hodge Theory of Vector Bundles,
Communications in Analysis and Geometry vol. 23 no. 3
- Benoit Charbonneau, Patrick Charbonneau, Yuliang Jin, Giorgio Parisi, Francesco Zamponi, Dimensional dependence of the Stokes–Einstein relation and its violation
The Journal of Chemical Physics
139, 164502 (2013)
- Benoit Charbonneau, Patrick Charbonneau, Gilles Tarjus, Geometrical Frustration and Static Correlations in Hard-Sphere Glass Formers,
The Journal of Chemical Physics
138, 12A515 (2013)
- Benoit Charbonneau, Patrick Charbonneau, Gilles Tarjus, Geometrical frustration and static correlations in a simple glass former,
Phys. Rev. L, vol. 108
- Benoit Charbonneau and Jacques Hurtubise, The Nahm transform for calorons,
in The many facets of geometry: a tribute to Nigel Hitchin, edited by Jean-Pierre Bourguignon, Oscar Garcia-Prada and Simon Salamon
(July, 2010), Oxford University Press, ISBN 978-0-19-953492-0 [arxiv:0705.2412]
- Benoit Charbonneau and Jacques Hurtubise, Singular Hermitian-Einstein monopoles on the product of a circle and a Riemann surface,
International Mathematics Research Notices
(April, 2010) [doi]
- Benoit Charbonneau, Yuriy Svyrydov, and P.F. Tupper, Convergence in the Prokhorov Metric of Weak Methods for Stochastic Differential Equations,
IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 30 no. 2
pp. 579-594 [drn067], [doi]
- J.A. van Meel, B. Charbonneau, A. Fortini, and P. Charbonneau, Hard-sphere crystallization gets rarer with increasing dimension,
Phys. Rev. E, vol. 80
pp. 061110 [PhysRevE.80.061110]
- Juli Atherton, Benoit Charbonneau, Xiaojie Zhou, David Wolfson, Lawrence Joseph and Alain C. Vandal, Bayesian optimal design for changepoint problems,
Canadian Journal of Statistics, vol. 37 no. 4
pp. 495-513 [cjs.10037]
- Benoit Charbonneau and Jacques Hurtubise, Calorons, Nahm's equations on S^1 and bundles over P^1xP^1,
Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 280 no. 2
pp. 315--349, ISSN 0010-3616 [MR2395473], [doi]
- Charbonneau, Benoit, From spatially periodic instantons to singular monopoles,
Communications in Analysis and Geometry, vol. 14 no. 1
pp. 183--214, ISSN 1019-8385 [MR2230575 (2007c:53036)],
- Analytic aspects of periodic instantons, MIT Ph.D. Thesis, written under the supervision of Tomasz Mrowka, 2004.
- Introduction au théorème de Riemann-Roch, UQAM M.Sc. Thesis, written under the supervision of François Lalonde and Pierre Bouchard, 1999.
- Various MathSciNet reviews
- Recent Grant Support
- Geometry of vector bundles and moduli spaces of instantons, National Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Discovery Grant, 2011/04-2019/04.
- Bridges Lectures Series, Fields Institute outreach grants, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2019-2020
- Bridge Lecture Series, CMS Endowment, 2011/01-2011/12.
- Salary chief negotiator for FAUW, since 2017.
- Series coordinator of the The Bridges lecture series, since 2011.
- Co-organizer of the Waterloo geometry seminar, since 2010.
- Co-organizer of the Waterloo geometry working seminar, since 2010.
- Member of the Faculty of Mathematics Strategic Plan Working Group: Outreach Implementation, Fall 2018.
- Member of the Faculty of Mathematics Student Appeals Committee, since 2017
- Member of the Pure Mathematics Department Awards committee, since 2018.
Previous Service (since 2010)
- Co-chair of the University of Waterloo working group on salary structure, 2018.
- Member of the Pure Mathematics Department undergraduate committee, 2014-2017.
- Member of the Waterloo working group on salary anomalies, 2015-2016.
- Leader of the UW Faculty of Mathematics RFP on electronically assisted marking, 2015.
- Coordinator of the UW Faculty of Mathematics Pilot on the use of electronically facilitated marking, 2014-2015.
- Faculty member of the St Jerome's University Board of Governors, 2013-2014.
- Academic advisor at St. Jerome's University, 2010-2014.
- Associate editor of Annales des Sciences Mathématiques du Québec, 2009-2013.
- Representative of SJU on the University of Waterloo Faculty of Mathematics Standings and Promotions committee, 2011-2012.
- Member of the St. Jerome's University 150th anniversary committee, 2011-2012.
- Member of the St. Jerome's Committee on Research and Scholarship, 2012.
Security: For more secure communication, please use my PGP (GnuPG) public key.
- Special session on Geometric Analysis, CMS Winter meeting, Waterloo, December 2017.
- Special session on Gauge Theory and Special Geometry, Mathematical Congress of the Americas, Montréal, July 2017.
- Special session on Differential Geometry, CMS Winter meeting, McMaster, December 2014.
- Special session on Differential Geometry, CMS Winter meeting, Toronto, December 2011.
- Annual East Coast Geometry Festival, Duke University, April 25-27, 2008
- Workshop on non-linear integral transforms: Fourier-Mukai and Nahm, CRM, August 27-31, 2007
ph: 519-888-4567 x 37336
Department of Pure Mathematics|
University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1, Canada