We would like to invite you to participate in the workshop on:
Semidefinite Programming, interior point methods and global optimization approaches are active areas of research during the last decade. In particular, techniques from these areas have been applied to develop new algorithms for solving combinatorial optimization problems. More generally, techniques from continuous optimization can be effectively used in the development of efficient algorithms for combinatorial optimization problems.
The main focus of this workshop is to bring together some of the best researchers working on the algorithmic and practical applications on these areas with emphasis on the following topics:
1. Semidefinite Programming Theory: duality theory; convergence theory; numerical stability.
2. Semidefinite Programming Algorithms: interior point methods; simplex type algorithms.
3. Global Optimization and Combinatorial Applications: quadratic assignment problem; clique problem; graph partitioning; boolean programming.
4. Nonlinear Programming: trust region subproblems; quadratic programs with quadratic constraints; SQP algorithms.
5. Engineering Applications: VLSI design; solutions of Lyapunov equations; general linear matrix inequalities in systems and control theory.
6. Matrix Completion Problems: positive definite completions; specified inertial completions.
A proceedings of refereed invited papers is planned.