Associate Professor, Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
· Office: M3-4019, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON, CANADA N2L 3G1
· Email: Yingli dot Qin at uwaterloo dot ca
· Phone: +1(519)888-4567 ext. 35506
· PhD, Department of Statistics, Iowa State University, USA
· M.S. Department of Statistics, Iowa State University, USA
· M.S. School of Mathematics and Statistics, Northeast Normal University, China
· B.S. School of Mathematics and Statistics, Northeast Normal University, China
· High-dimensional statistics and random matrix theory
· Wu, Y., Qin, Y. and Zhu, M. (2019). Quadratic discriminant analysis for high-dimensional data. Statistica Sinica. 29, 939-960.
· Qin, Y. and Li, W. (2017). Bias-reduced moment estimators of population spectral distribution and their applications. Big and Complex Data Analysis. Springer International Publishing. 103-119.
· Qin, Y. and Li, W. (2016). Testing the order of a population spectral distribution for high-dimensional data. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis. 95, 75-82.
· Li, W. and Qin, Y. (2014). Hypothesis testing for high-dimensional covariance matrices. Journal of Multivariate Analysis. 128, 108-119.
· Xia, N., Qin, Y. and Bai, Z. (2013). Convergence rates of eigenvector empirical spectral distribution of large dimensional sample covariance matrix. The Annals of Statistics, 41 (5), 2572-2607.
· Li, W., Chen, J., Qin, Y. , Bai, Z. and Yao, J. (2013). Estimation of the population spectral distribution from a large dimensional sample covariance matrix. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 143(11), 1887-1897.
· Chen, S. and Qin, Y. (2010). A two-sample test for high-dimensional data with applications to gene-set testing. The Annals of Statistics, 38 (2), 808-835.
· Chen, S., Peng, L.. and Qin, Y. (2009). Effects of Data Dimension on Empirical Likelihood. Biometrika, 96 (3), 711-722.
· Stat 923 Multivariate Analysis: Winter 2018/Winter 2016/Spring 2014
· Stat 850 Estimation and Hypothesis Testing: Winter 2016/Winter 2014
· Stat 450 Estimation and Hypothesis Testing: Winter 2019/Winter 2016/Winter 2014
· Stat 330 Mathematical Statistics: Fall 2018/Winter 2015/Fall 2012