Math 147 - Fall 2019
Professor: Kenneth Davidson
Office: MC 5324
Textbook: More calculus of a single variable by Peter R. Mercer,
Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer Verlag, 2014.
Class meets: MWF 1:30--2:20 in PAS 2083
Tutorial: W 12:30--1:20 in QNC 2502
Office hours: Mondays 2:30--3:30 in my office MC 5324
Tuesdays 3:30--4:30 in MC 5404 with TA
Wednesdays 4:30--5:30 in MC 5323 with TA
Thursdays 3:30--4:30 in MC 5414 with TA
- The real numbers
- Sequences and limits
- Logarithms, exponentials and other important functions
- Functions, limits and continuity
- Intermediate Value and Extreme Value Theorems
- Derivatives and curve sketching
- The Mean Value Theorem and applications
- Taylor's theorem
- There will be approximately 9--11 assignments which account for 20% of your grade.
- The midterm exam is worth 30%.
- The final exam is worth 50%.
Assignments should be submitted online using CrowdMark (see below). This needs to be done by 2:40 PM on the due date. If you are not enrolled yet, hand in Assignment 1 on paper.
Comments and Solutions
Back to Ken Davidson's Home Page