Welcome to my homepage!
Hi! I am a PhD student at the Department of Pure Mathematics, University of Waterloo, under the supervision of Professor Cameron Stewart. I am also a member of the Centre for Applied Cryptographic Research (CACR) at the University of Waterloo. Prior to pursuing my PhD, I obtained an MMath degree (Fall 2011-Winter 2013) at the Department of Combinatorics & Optimization, University of Waterloo, under the supervision of Professor Nick Wormald. My research interests lie in the areas of number theory, (additive) combinatorics, graph theory, and their applications especially in computer science and cryptography.
1. Additive combinatorics with a view towards computer science and cryptography, Number Theory and Related Fields: In Memory of Alf van der Poorten (J. M. Borwein, I. E. Shparlinski and W. Zudilin, eds.), Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, Vol. 43, Springer, New York, 2013, pp. 99-128; [arXiv], [chapter].
2. On the determinant of bipartite graphs, Discrete Mathematics, pending revision, (2013).
5. The number of spanning trees in an (r,s)-semiregular graph and its line graph, International Journal of Quantum Chemistry 113 (2013), 1209-1212; [journal].
10. (with M. H. Shirdareh Haghighi) Recursive relations for the number of spanning trees, Applied Mathematical Sciences 3 (2009), 2263-2269.
11. (with M. H. Shirdareh Haghighi) Distribution of cycle lengths in graphs with minimum degree at least three, In Proceedings of the 39th Annual Iranian Mathematics Conference, Aug. 24-27, 2008, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Kerman, Iran.
13. Problem # 11590, American Mathematical Monthly, Vol. 118, No. 7, August-September 2011.
My Erdős Number and Einstein Number
My Erdős number is 3 through the link:
Also, my Einstein number is 4 through the link:
I served as a proposer and marker of problems of Iranian mathematics competitions for university students, 2008-2011. The invaluable book "Iranian Mathematics Competitions, 1973-2007" (by Bamdad R. Yahaghi), presents a collection of problems appeared in these competitions, together with their solutions. A copy of this book is available here.
Office: MC 5054
Phone: (519) 888-4567 x33910
Fax: (519) 725-0160
Email: kbibak at uwaterloo dot ca, khmath at gmail dot com