Algebraic (and enumerative) combinatorics seminar
We view algebraic combinatorics broadly, explictly including algebraic enumeration and related asymptotic and bijective combinatorics as well as algebraic combinatorics as it appears in pure algebra and in applications outside mathematics.
Our audience consists principally of combinatorics faculty and grad students. Talks are 50 minutes with questions following.
If you are speaking, we need your abstract at least a week in advance so it can make the deadline for the Friday math faculty seminar mailing.
Regular seminar time is 1pm on Thursdays (EST). Please email Karen for the zoom link.
- January 14: Steve Melczer, "Analytic combinatorics, rigorous numerics, and uniqueness of biomembranes"
- January 21: Note special time of 1:30 pm Jason Bell, "The growth of groups and algebras"
- January 28: Olya Mandelshtam, "The multispecies TAZRP and modified Macdonald polynomials"
- February 4: Jessica Striker, "Promotion and rowmotion -- an ocean of notions"
- February 11: Julien Courtiel, "Solving Prellberg and Mortimer's conjecture - bijection(s) between Motzkin paths and triangular walks"
- February 18: Reading week no seminar
- February 25: Nick Loehr, "Chain decompositions for q,t-Catalan numbers"
- March 4: Ralph Kaufmann, "Graphs and combinatorics with a relationship to algebra, geometry and physics"
- March 11
- March 18
- March 25: Colleen Robichaux, "An Efficient Algorithm for Deciding the Vanishing of Schubert Polynomial Coefficients"
- April 1: Amy Wiebe
- April 8: Jonathan Novak
- April 15
Fall 2020 we will still be online due to coronavirus, at least initially. Regular seminar time is 1pm on Thursdays (EDT/EST). Please email Karen for the zoom link.
- Sept 17: (this week at 2:30pm) Logan Crew, "Edge Deletion-Contraction in the Chromatic and Tutte Symmetric Functions"
- Sept 24: Aram Dermenjian, "Sign variations and descents"
- Oct 1: Karen Yeats, "Chains of hourglasses and the graph theory of their Feynman integrals"
- Oct 8: Alejandro Morales, "Factorization problems in complex reflection groups"
- Oct 15: No seminar on account of reading week
- Oct 22: Reuven Hodges, "Coxeter combinatorics and spherical Schubert geometry"
- Oct 29: Florian Aigner, "qRSt: A probabilistic Robinson--Schensted correspondence for Macdonald polynomials"
- Nov 5: Jonathan Jedwab, "Packings of partial difference sets"
- Nov 12: Christos Athanasiadis, "Face enumeration and real-rootedness"
- Nov 19: David Wagner, "Some new lemmas about polynomials with only real roots"
- Nov 26: Huda Ahmed and Yuanning Zhang, "Filtering Grassmannian cohomology via k-Schur functions"
- Dec 3: Loïc Foissy, "Twisted Hopf algebras"
- Dec 10: Laura Colmenarejo, "Chromatic symmetric functions of Dyck paths and q-rook theory"
Spring 2020 our regular seminars will be at 2:30 on Thursdays (EDT). Because of the coronavirus pandemic we will be meeting virtually. Please email Karen for the zoom link.
- May 14: Unusual time, 10 am EDT! Oliver Schnetz, "Combinatorial masters in QED"
- May 21: Mee Seong Im, "Nakajima quiver varieties and irreducible components of Springer fibers"
- May 28: Steph van Willigenburg, "The e-positivity of chromatic symmetric functions"
- June 4: Lukas Nabergall, "Weighted generating functions for weighted chord diagrams"
- June 11: Steve Melczer, "An Upper Bound on Graphical Partitions"
- June 18: Vic Reiner, "Sandpiles and representation theory"
- June 25: Ali Mahmoud, "2-Connected Chord Diagrams and Applications in QFT"
- July 2: Timothy Miller, "Factorial Schur Functions and Quantum Integrability"
- July 9: Olya Mandelshtam, "Formulas for Macdonald polynomials arising from the ASEP"
- July 16: Oliver Pechenik, "Dynamics of plane parititons"
- July 23: Marcel Golz, "Chord diagrams, colours, and QED"
- July 30: Gilyoung Cheong, "P\'olya enumeration theorems in algebraic geometry"
- August 6: URA day
- Jordan Long, "Subdivergence-Free Gluings of Trees"
- Mushegh Shahinyan, "Counting the c2 invariant on the circulant family of graphs"
- Olha Silina, "Abelian covering graphs and their properties"