Algebraic (and enumerative) combinatorics seminar
We view algebraic combinatorics broadly, explictly including algebraic enumeration and related asymptotic and bijective combinatorics as well as algebraic combinatorics as it appears in pure algebra and in applications outside mathematics.
Our audience consists principally of combinatorics faculty and grad students. Talks are 50 minutes with questions following.
If you are speaking, we need your abstract at least a week in advance so it can make the deadline for the Friday math faculty seminar mailing.
Fall 2020 we will still be online due to coronavirus, at least initially. Regular seminar time is 1pm on Thursdays (EDT/EST). Please email Karen for the zoom link.
- Sept 17: (this week at 2:30pm) Logan Crew, "Edge Deletion-Contraction in the Chromatic and Tutte Symmetric Functions"
- Sept 24: Aram Dermenjian, "Sign variations and descents"
- Oct 1: Karen Yeats, "Chains of hourglasses and the graph theory of their Feynman integrals"
- Oct 8: Alejandro Morales
- Oct 15: David Wagner
- Oct 22: Reuven Hodges
- Oct 29: Florian Aigner
- Nov 5: Huda Ahmed and Michael Feigen, "Filtering Grassmannian cohomology via k-Schur functions"
- Nov 12:
- Nov 19:
- Nov 26:
- Dec 3:
- Dec 10: Laura Colmenarejo
Spring 2020 our regular seminars will be at 2:30 on Thursdays (EDT). Because of the coronavirus pandemic we will be meeting virtually. Please email Karen for the zoom link.
- May 14: Unusual time, 10 am EDT! Oliver Schnetz, "Combinatorial masters in QED"
- May 21: Mee Seong Im, "Nakajima quiver varieties and irreducible components of Springer fibers"
- May 28: Steph van Willigenburg, "The e-positivity of chromatic symmetric functions"
- June 4: Lukas Nabergall, "Weighted generating functions for weighted chord diagrams"
- June 11: Steve Melczer, "An Upper Bound on Graphical Partitions"
- June 18: Vic Reiner, "Sandpiles and representation theory"
- June 25: Ali Mahmoud, "2-Connected Chord Diagrams and Applications in QFT"
- July 2: Timothy Miller, "Factorial Schur Functions and Quantum Integrability"
- July 9: Olya Mandelshtam, "Formulas for Macdonald polynomials arising from the ASEP"
- July 16: Oliver Pechenik, "Dynamics of plane parititons"
- July 23: Marcel Golz, "Chord diagrams, colours, and QED"
- July 30: Gilyoung Cheong, "P\'olya enumeration theorems in algebraic geometry"
- August 6: URA day
- Jordan Long, "Subdivergence-Free Gluings of Trees"
- Mushegh Shahinyan, "Counting the c2 invariant on the circulant family of graphs"
- Olha Silina, "Abelian covering graphs and their properties"