Structure in Graphs and Matroids
July 17-21, 2017
SiGMa is a workshop bringing together researchers from Graph Theory and Matroid Theory, with a focus on structure theory. The topics of the workshop include (but are not limited to) graph colourings and flows, graph and matroid connectivity, matroid representation, graph minors, matroid minors, matroid restrictions, and induced subgraphs. The meeting continues a tradition of biennial workshops organized by Bert Gerards in 2008, 2010, and 2012, and by Rudi Pendavingh and Stefan van Zwam in 2014 and 2016. This workshop will renew the emphasis on graph theory.
The workshop is held in commemoration of William T. Tutte, 1917-2002, and will take place at the University of Waterloo whose Faculty of Mathematics is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
- Nathan Bowler, University of Hamburg
- Maria Chudnovsky, Princeton University
- Penny Haxell, University of Waterloo
- Dan Král, University of Warwick
- Sergey Norin, McGill University
- James Oxley, Louisiana State University
- Rudi Pendavingh, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Alex Scott, University of Oxford
- Geoff Whittle, Victoria University of Wellington
- Paul Wollan, University of Rome "La Sapienza"
We will choose speakers from among the participants and arrange the schedule in May. Due to the large number of participants most people will not have the opportunity to speak.
SiGMa 2017 is now full. We are looking into the possibility of recording the lectures and making them available to those who are not able to attend.
The Delta Hotel is by far the most convenient accommodation option; it is a short walk from both the University of Waterloo (where the lectures will be held) and up-town Waterloo. The conference rate is $139 per night; use the booking link below.
- Location: 110 Erb St W, Waterloo (Map)
- On-line reservations: SiGMa-Delta group rate.
- Phone: 519 514 0404
Students and postdocs will stay at the Bricker Residence on the Wilfred Laurier University campus. We will make the reservation for you. Check-in at the Hotel Laurier office.
Hotel Laurier office:
- Location: King Street Residence, 200 King Street North, Waterloo (Map)
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (519) 884-0710, x 2771
Getting to and from the Pearson Airport
Pearson Airport, Toronto, is closest major airport to Waterloo. The most convenient way to get to and from the airport is via Airways Transit. We have a group rate of $69, one way, per person; reservations are required. Use the following link to book: Group-rate for Airways Transit; the conference code is SIGMA 2017. Alternatively you may book by phone (24 hours); call 1 519 886 2121.
Students and postdocs must use the information emailed to them in order to have their Airways Transit costs charged directly to the workshop.
SiGMa is generously supported through funding from the Fields Institute and from the University of Waterloo.