Back to Argentina
TSP Home Page
AR9152 - Argentina Computation Log
Instance Created: July 29, 2001
Number of Cities: 9,152
Best Tour: 837,479
Best Lower Bound: 837,377
||837,583 - Merging 10 linkerh tours. The 10 linkern runs took a total of 460,058 seconds on a 500 MHz EV6 Alpha, merging took an additional 194.11 seconds. The best of the 10 linkerh tours had length 837,794.
||837,377 - Established by Concorde with -C 20 (used 227 nodes in the branch-and-cut tree, 324,453 seconds on a 500 MHz EV6 Alpha).
||837,556 - Merged 40 LKH tours (n trials per run). The 40 LKH runs took a total of 1,474,264 seconds on a 500 MHz EV6 Alpha, merging took an additional 532.78 seconds.
The best of the 40 LKH tours had length 837,635.
||837,520 - - Found by Keld Helsgaun using variants of his LKH code. The running time was approximately 2 days on a 400 MHz Macintosh PowerBook G3.
- - Found by Hung Dinh Nguyen using a hybrid genetic algorithm, starting
from the 837,583 tour described above. The running time was 24301
seconds on a single processor of a Sun Ultra 80 (450 MHz).
1. Concorde is our linear-programming based TSP solver.
2. linkern is an implementation of Martin, Otto, and Felten's Chained Lin-Kernighan heuristic. It is included in the Concorde code.
3. LKH is Keld Helsgaun's powerful implementation of the Lin-Kernighan heuristic.
4. linkerh is an implementation of the Lin-Kernighan heuristic, making use of a number of the ideas introduced in Keld Helsgaun's LKH code.
Back to TSP home.
Last Updated: March 16, 2003.